Watch a dramatic video of the coast guards rescuing crew of a fishing vessel sinking off the Scottish Coast in very rough weather condition.
The Coastguard was notified of a fishing vessel in distress on 20th January 2015. The Iuda Naofa, a 23m Irish fishing vessel, was taking on water 48 miles north of the Butt of Lewis.
A rescue operation was launched to airlift five crew members from the sinking boat. Two of the crew members were airlifted and taken to another nearby vessel, the Star of Hope, whereas the other three crew members were airlifted to the Western Isles hospital for treatment of mild hypothermia.
All five crew members survived because of the great efforts of the coast guard.
Watch the amazing videos of the rescue operation below.
You might also like to read..
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- Russian Navy Open Fires At Cargo Ship Sailing Towards Mariupol Port
- Methane Leak From LNG Powered Cargo Ship Caught In Infrared Camera
- 4 Filipino Seafarers Arrested In Australia For Reportedly Importing Cocaine