World Pearl is Damen’s entirely new PSV 3300 design. The first of the Class PSV 3300, World Diamond, was delivered in July to the Norwegian company.
The 3300 is part of an entire new range of Damen PSVs. With an 80.1m length, the PSV 3300 has a deck load of 1,500 tonnes.
The new type can be used to transport crew and equipment to and from offshore platforms but it also offers fire-fighting and oil pollution recovery capability.
Equipped with azimuth thrusters and dynamic positioning (DP2), the design is distinguished by slender hull lines to meet challenging conditions, minimise fuel consumption and to enhance crew comfort.
Damen launch PSV 3300 “World Pearl”
Image Credits: damen
You might also like to read..
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- Russian Navy Open Fires At Cargo Ship Sailing Towards Mariupol Port
- Methane Leak From LNG Powered Cargo Ship Caught In Infrared Camera
- 4 Filipino Seafarers Arrested In Australia For Reportedly Importing Cocaine