A cargo barge named “Merlin”, laden with gravel, capsized on the Rhine at Basel, Switzerland in August this year.
The passenger ferry “Olympia”, which was crossing the river, was unable to prevent a collision with the upturned 30-metre barge.
The barge then hit a second passenger boat, the “Lafayette”, which had 150 passengers on board.
Passengers were evacuated from both ferries, neither of which was badly damaged.
Reference: liveleak / thelocal.ch
You might also like to read..
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- Russian Navy Open Fires At Cargo Ship Sailing Towards Mariupol Port
- Methane Leak From LNG Powered Cargo Ship Caught In Infrared Camera
- 4 Filipino Seafarers Arrested In Australia For Reportedly Importing Cocaine