Zenitel, an international leader in intelligent communication solutions has installed, together with their partner COBS AB, the first SMART1 Wireless Telephone System on board a vessel. The smartphone handsets handle HD voice and alarm messages over a ship covering DECT network and uses WIFI network for email, internet and apps.
Smart1 is our partner COBS device which is integrated with the vessels onboard PBX via a SIP protocol. This integration allows full mobility of the crew members and allows them to be reached by voice calls, alarm messages as well as emails anywhere onboard.
“Through our close relationship with Eckerö we were able to guide them in finding an intelligent and reliable communication solution that met all the demands of working at sea. COBs and Zenitel have a close history of working together, enabling us to deliver a successful installation onboard MS Birka” says Jörgen Berggren, Solution Manager at Zenitel.
The Cruise vessel MS Birka, is owned by the Shipowners Eckerö from Aaland. The vessel was built in Finland in 2004 and operates the Stockholm, Sweden – Mariehamn, Finland route, through the popular Stockholm archipelago.
Press Release: zenitel.com
You might also like to read..
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- Russian Navy Open Fires At Cargo Ship Sailing Towards Mariupol Port
- Methane Leak From LNG Powered Cargo Ship Caught In Infrared Camera
- 4 Filipino Seafarers Arrested In Australia For Reportedly Importing Cocaine