“Our corporate mission is to nurture the next generation of high value, high-performance sustainable ocean technologies,” says Yara Marine CEO Thomas Koniordos. “With this new program, we are seeking to position Yara Marine in the global start-up space while developing new opportunities for the company.” He relates that the long-term goal for the program is to integrate new ideas into the Yara Marine’s business.
The competition is designed to attract mature start-ups looking for partners and investors. “We will be recruiting young companies or professionals with a focus on sustainability and green solutions within vessel operations,” says YMT Strategy Business Development Manager Thomas Gabestad. “Candidates will need to be adjacent to what we do in order to enhance our corporate performance as a whole and help us to build on our strong brand.”
The winner will enter a bootcamp orientation of two weeks, followed by six months in a tailored accelerator program. The program includes office space, a USD 10,000 up-front stimulus grant, potential later-stage investment from Yara Marine, and access to the company’s mentors, network, and facilities. Piloting and distribution opportunities with Yara Marine customers, suppliers, and network are part of the longer-term plan.
Gabestad notes that target sources include ocean and maritime clusters, incubators, universities, various maritime programs, and the global start-up media. Key markets for the new technologies will be Asia, the Americas, and Europe. “The winning candidate will take up residence at our Headquarters in Oslo,” he says.
The deadline for the application is live on yaramarinex.com and sets on October 11th, 2020, with the winner to be announced on November 4th.
You might also like to read..
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- Russian Navy Open Fires At Cargo Ship Sailing Towards Mariupol Port
- Methane Leak From LNG Powered Cargo Ship Caught In Infrared Camera
- 4 Filipino Seafarers Arrested In Australia For Reportedly Importing Cocaine