On January 17, Jiangnan Shipbuilding, a subsidiary of China State Shipbuilding Corporation, joined hands with CSSC Trading and Anji Logistics, a subsidiary of SAIC Group, to sign a construction contract for two 7,600-space LNG dual-fuel ocean-going vehicle carriers. Lei Fanpei, Secretary of the Party Group and Chairman of China Shipbuilding Corporation, and Chen Hong, Secretary of the Party Committee and Chairman of SAIC Motor attended the signing ceremony.
This type of ship is independently developed and designed by the Shanghai Shipyard under the China Shipbuilding Corporation, and has completely independent intellectual property rights. It is also the largest dual-fuel power PCTC signed and entered into force in the world so far. historic breakthrough.
The signing of this project is conducive to CSSC and Jiangnan Shipbuilding to enhance the influence and competitiveness of this type of ship market, expand customer network through cooperation with large car companies, expand and strengthen the main platform of China Shipbuilding Group’s marine business, and help China Shipbuilding Group achieve high-quality development.
- Classified by DNV and China Classification Society (CCS);
- It has strong cargo capacity, large loading flexibility, high emission cleanliness, low fuel consumption, flexible operation, high equipment reliability, convenient maintenance strong profitability, etc. Features:
- Adapting to the changing trends of production, consumption and transportation in the international automobile industry, it is a new generation of post-Panamax car carriers that complies with the latest international rules.
- The ship type is also “tailor-made” for SAIC Anji Logistics
- deck height based on the shipowner’s actual model adjustment;
- suitable for new energy vehicles, hydrogen fuel cells, and natural gas vehicles. Cargo deck;
- LNG dual-fuel, low carbon and environmental protection;
- has 7600 parking spaces, with a deadweight tonnage of 13100 tons;
- 13 cargo decks include 4 movable decks, which can be adjusted according to the characteristics of the loaded vehicle;
- includes 1 C-shaped amphora, with a cabin capacity of 4000 cubic meters, which can meet the needs of 19,000 nautical miles of economical speed sailing
The ship’s key equipment systems (WinGD X-DF main engine and iCER system, LNG containment and gas supply system, ro-ro equipment system) are all adopted by companies under China Shipbuilding Corporation or scientific research. The products of the institute have significantly improved the domestic autonomy rate of the core equipment of the new shipbuilding project.
It is a milestone in the history of China’s large-scale ro-ro ship construction. After completion and delivery, it will become China’s largest, world-leading and most localized ocean-going vehicle transportation. Ships can actively meet the growing export business needs of SAIC Group and other domestic and foreign brands, and will also accelerate the promotion of high-quality “China’s intelligent manufacturing” to the world.
A little more news
As early as 1988, Jiangnan Shipbuilding successfully built and delivered China’s first car carrier “WOLFSBURG” (4000 parking spaces). At the end of 2021, the world’s first dual-fuel LNG cell hybrid vehicle carrier “Auto Advance” built by Jiangnan Shipbuilding was successfully delivered and was selected as the “2021 World Famous Ship” selected by much authoritative professional media. The successful implementation of this project will further consolidate Jiangnan Shipbuilding’s position in the PCTC field and provide strong support for Jiangnan Shipbuilding to build its third high-quality product production line after container ships and liquefied gas ships.
Reference: Jiangnan Shipbuilding/China Shipbuilding News