U-Boat Worx, a firm that is known for making private submarines, has come up with a new and unique model that is set to make viewers wonder if it had been built with the thought of a Bond villain in mind.
The submarine is known as ‘UWEP’, shortened from Under Water Entertainment Platform. It is about 115-feet long, 23-feet tall, and 25-feet wide, offering approximately 1,600 square feet of in terms of floor space to be used for entertainment. News of the model was reported on Friday by Gizmodo.
It can host up to 120 passengers, which is a significant number for a submarine to accommodate. The ship operates on a 1.2 megawatt-hour battery that is placed underneath the ship’s floors.
On charging once, the battery can last for about 18 hours and permits the submarine to hit a speed of about 3 MPH underwater. The submarine can also reach depths of about 650 feet. In case of emergencies, it boasts a backup power system, which can be immediately activated to keep the critical systems switched on for almost 96 hours until rescue.
The submarine boasts 14 windows that are about 15 feet in terms of diameter each. These present extraordinary views to its passengers. That is perhaps the favourite feature so far.
You may be wondering what guests can view in the darkness of the sea, especially during the night. The ship’s makers considered that and equipped it with huge and beautiful underwater spotlights that allow a glimpse into the underwater surface.
When the submarine is not in a submerged state, its top can double up as a spacious lounge deck where passengers can go for fresh air or cherish a fantastic sea view. Safety railings surround the vessel, making it secure for guests to lounge there.
For now, the UWEP is not quite affordable for regular folks, but some tourism companies may purchase it and offer tours on it.
You might also like to read..
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- Russian Navy Open Fires At Cargo Ship Sailing Towards Mariupol Port
- Methane Leak From LNG Powered Cargo Ship Caught In Infrared Camera
- 4 Filipino Seafarers Arrested In Australia For Reportedly Importing Cocaine