300cubits is pleased to announce the successful completion of the first trial shipment in its smart contract deployed on the Ethereum blockchain. On 15 March 2018, TEU tokens held as booking deposit on blockchain have been successfully returned to the users upon receipt of port EDI message on a textile shipment.
The shipment consists of two 40-foot high cube container boxes going from Malaysia to Brazil. A liner company, Malaysia’s West Port and, LPR, a Brazilian textile importer that ships few thousand TEU a year have participated in the trial.
The shipment booking was confirmed on 8 March 2018, booking deposits in TEU tokens were placed by both the shipper and the liner on 9 March 2018 and returned on 15 March 2018 upon successful completion of shipment loading. For the blockchain enthusiasts, the respective blockchain smart contract transactions of this trial shipment can be viewed in Etherscan in conjunction with the source code published in GitHub. 300cubits will continue with more live shipment trials with a large group of customers, i.e. liners, shippers, and port operators.
“It was a pleasure to be the first in the world to participate in this trial, for a technology that will change the way ocean shipments are done around the world,” said Felipe Bittencourt, CEO of LPR.
“We are strong believer in shipping digitalization, especially when it comes to improving efficiency and providing better services for global supply chain, and supporting the innovations being embarked on by our customers.” said Vijaya Kumar, General Manager of Marketing at Westport.
You might also like to read..
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- Russian Navy Open Fires At Cargo Ship Sailing Towards Mariupol Port
- Methane Leak From LNG Powered Cargo Ship Caught In Infrared Camera
- 4 Filipino Seafarers Arrested In Australia For Reportedly Importing Cocaine