On Saturday 31 st October at 11.00 hrs. M.V. ‘Greenland’ bn 423 will be launched at the Ferus Smit Westerbroek Yard.
M.V. Greenland is a dedicated cement carrier build for the joint venture JT cement, in which Erik Thun AB cooperates with KG Jebsen Cement from Norway. The vessel will be one of the first ever dry cargo vessels with an LNG fuelled propulsion system.
This unique design incorporates a pressurised LNG tank positioned in the foreship. While sailing on LNG, the vessel will meet the most stringent emission criteria, as well as new norms that might be in place in futures for environmental sensitive areas.
The cement cargo system will consist of a fully automated cement loading and unloading system, based on fluidization of cement by means of compressed air.
You might also like to read..
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- Russian Navy Open Fires At Cargo Ship Sailing Towards Mariupol Port
- Methane Leak From LNG Powered Cargo Ship Caught In Infrared Camera
- 4 Filipino Seafarers Arrested In Australia For Reportedly Importing Cocaine