On World Ocean Day, we must all recognize that revitalizing the ocean is critical for the planet. IMO Secretary-General Kitack Lim statement on World Ocean Day 8 June 2022.
“The ocean connects, sustains, and supports us all. Shipping is one of the prime users of the oceans delivering over 80 per cent of world trade and linking global supply chains.
The International Maritime Organization has developed a comprehensive regulatory regime to ensure the marine environment is protected from shipping activities. Among other initiatives, we are working together with countries and partners on local actions that can serve as models and wider inspiration to keep protecting the ocean.
On World Ocean Day, we must all recognize that revitalizing the ocean is critical for the planet,” IMO Secretary-General Kitack Lim said.
Watch the IMO World Oceans Day video
Marine Insight does not own the rights to the video.
You might also like to read..
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- Russian Navy Open Fires At Cargo Ship Sailing Towards Mariupol Port
- Methane Leak From LNG Powered Cargo Ship Caught In Infrared Camera
- 4 Filipino Seafarers Arrested In Australia For Reportedly Importing Cocaine