A collision between an oil tanker and a bulk carrier has resulted in heavy damage to both vessels. The accident took place in waters off Cavite City, southwest of the Philippine capital of Manila on April 07, 2021.
Philippine Coast Guard (PCG) is monitoring two ships that crashed into Cavite City waters.
While sailing from the Philippines to China, Thailand registered tanker ship Rich Rainbow collided with the Marshall Islands-registered bulk carrier Ivy Alliance.
There has been no injury reported yet, but severe damage has been caused to both the ships.
RICH RAINBOW, sailing from the Philippines to China, contains gasoline, while IVY ALLIANCE contains charcoal.
No report of oil spill has been reported.
As part of the marine casualty investigation regarding this, Port State Control (PSC) is set to serve a ‘notice of detention’ to two ships.
Marine Insight does not own the rights of the video.
You might also like to read..
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Watch: OceanGate’s 2022 Titanic Expedition Document Wreck Of Titanic For Future Generations
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- What Are Hybrid Ships?
- ONE Inks Shipbuilding Contracts For 10 Very Large Container Ships