Construction on Icon of the Seas, Royal Caribbean International’s first ship powered by liquefied natural gas (LNG), is well underway. Watch the recent installation of the game-changing ship’s first LNG fuel tank, which is 307 tons and 90 feet long.
With energy-efficient technology to reduce fuel consumption and emissions, from LNG to shore power connection that removes emissions while connected at port, Icon will be a significant milestone in the cruise line’s journey to becoming emission-free.
The first of the revolutionary Icon Class is set to make its debut in fall 2023, and it will make waves with a mix of innovations and adventures cruising’s never seen before.
Marine Insight does not own the rights of the video.
You might also like to read..
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Watch: OceanGate’s 2022 Titanic Expedition Document Wreck Of Titanic For Future Generations
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- What Are Hybrid Ships?
- ONE Inks Shipbuilding Contracts For 10 Very Large Container Ships