Lürssen has launched the 156 metre Project Omar, the largest superyacht launch of the year following an earlier technical launch at the German yard.
Project Omar is reportedly built by Russian billionaire Alisher Usmanov, who owns a 110 metre Lürssen superyacht Dilbar.
Watch the launch in this time-lapse video of the launch below.
The project is the first on the list of Top 20 largest new projects in build, and she will be the fourth largest yacht in the world when she is delivered in 2016.
Few details are known, but her construction materials of a steel hull and aluminium superstructure can be confirmed. It is understood that her exterior design is by Espen Øino with interiors by Andrew Winch.
Photo of Project Omar being prepared for her launch:
While this project is notably large, she isn’t, of course, the world’s largest yacht – or largest Lürssen yacht even, for that matter. Those titles go equally to the 180 metre superyacht Azzam, the world’s largest private yacht.
You might also like to read..
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- Russian Navy Open Fires At Cargo Ship Sailing Towards Mariupol Port
- Methane Leak From LNG Powered Cargo Ship Caught In Infrared Camera
- 4 Filipino Seafarers Arrested In Australia For Reportedly Importing Cocaine