We are delighted to announce that Wallem Ship Management has won the Lloyd’s List Asia Pacific “Ship Manager of the Year 2017”. The award was presented to Nitin Mathur, Managing Director of Wallem Singapore at a ceremony held last night (26th October 2017) at the Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore in front of a crowd of over 350 people.
The judges chose Wallem Ship Management for its focus on safety and wellness at sea amid increasing stress among seafarers as the industry faces changes and challenges.
Recipients are chosen from entries taken from around the Asia Pacific region and adjudicated by a distinguished judging panel which this year included: Su Yin Anand, Partner, Ince & Co; Captain Abishek Asija, General Manager, Head of Business, Synergy Group; David Chin, Executive Director, Singapore Maritime Foundation; Khalid Hashim, Chief Executive, Precious Shipping; David Roberts, Managing Director, The Standard P&I Club; Marlon Rono, President, Magsaysay; Beng Tee Tan, Assistant Chief Executive, Development, MPA; Tim Wilkins, Regional Manager Asia-Pacific, Intertanko and Abdul Hadhi editor of Lloyd’s List Asia and chairman of the judging panel.
You might also like to read..
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- Russian Navy Open Fires At Cargo Ship Sailing Towards Mariupol Port
- Methane Leak From LNG Powered Cargo Ship Caught In Infrared Camera
- 4 Filipino Seafarers Arrested In Australia For Reportedly Importing Cocaine