The Wallem-managed vessel the Coral Leader was involved in the rescue of the crew from a sailing yacht last week. The yacht was in distress in the Mediterranean Sea, just off Corsica.
On the 26th August, the Coral Leader was on route to Tarragona in Spain when the Master received a call from the French Coastguard asking for help with the rescue of a yacht with five persons onboard. The Coral Leader diverted course to help.
The yacht was eventually spotted by the Wallem crew and a French navy rescue helicopter arrived onsite shortly after.
Due to adverse weather conditions, the Coral Leader was requested to remain on standby close to the yacht while the helicopter left the scene to get additional rescue equipment.
When the helicopter returned, all five people were successfully airlifted to safety. The Master of the Coral Leader, Capt. Monish Nesaraj and his crew were thanked by the French coastguard for their part in the rescue mission.
Press Release: Wallem Group
You might also like to read..
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- Russian Navy Open Fires At Cargo Ship Sailing Towards Mariupol Port
- Methane Leak From LNG Powered Cargo Ship Caught In Infrared Camera
- 4 Filipino Seafarers Arrested In Australia For Reportedly Importing Cocaine