We’ve been excited about our first ship for some time now. After lots of planning and design, the latest in a series of reveals took place with our inaugural keel laying ceremony.
Our keel laying was the lowering of the first section into the drydock. We also welded newly minted coins into the keel for good luck.
Adorned at the hull you’ll find our beautiful, mermaid guide. Inspired by the traditional bows from ships of yore, she is our ship’s muse. The soul of the voyage. Our elegant leader. The feminine spirit of the ship.
Designed with the glitter and glam of a yacht, the ship’s livery stands out on the high seas. She glides with a unique level of sophistication paired with an unapologetic aire of mystery. A design meant to excite and inspire sailors to want to explore every corner.
Sailing should feel transformative. Yet after listening to some avid sailors, we wondered if things could be different. At Virgin Voyages we think the time to epicly change sea travel is upon us.
We basically decided, ‘Let’s have a blank sheet of paper, let’s create the kind of voyage company that we would like to go on,’ and that’s what we’ve done.”
RICHARD BRANSON, FOUNDER OF VIRGIN
We’ve assembled a ‘Creative Collective’ from some of the world’s leading design firms to help us redefine what people expect from a cruise ship. These creators are responsible for some of the most talked about travel spaces in the world, including Ace Hotels, The Standard High Line and Mondrian Hotels.
Equally important to the ship’s physical design is the desire to create a meaningful experience for guests. Virgin Voyages will feature exciting ideas in entertainment and music to provide our Sailors (not passengers or cruisers) with a strong variety of programming options.
In fact, it won’t be a cruise at all. It will be a voyage!
You might also like to read..
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Watch: OceanGate’s 2022 Titanic Expedition Document Wreck Of Titanic For Future Generations
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- What Are Hybrid Ships?
- ONE Inks Shipbuilding Contracts For 10 Very Large Container Ships