e5 Lab, Inc. announced that the successful completion of a large-scale proof of concept (PoC) testing on the “ROBOSHIP Joint Value Creation Project” in waters off Toyosu, Tokyo. The project is based on the theme “What future can we create for ships and the sea?” and involves 22 corporations across various industries and a ship classification society as well as e5 Lab.
The test relied on cutting-edge high-speed offshore communication technology to conduct remote-controlled operation of unmanned vessels just off metropolitan Tokyo, and its success promises an exciting future for these advanced technologies and the maritime industry as a whole.
The ROBOSHIP joint development project members played key roles in producing a promotional film that shows the future and possibilities of vessels unlike any the world has ever seen. The video was created with passion and in the hope that it will serve as a catalyst to bring encouragement and energy to the Japanese ocean shipping and maritime industries.
Marine Insight does not own the rights of the video.
You might also like to read..
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- Russian Navy Open Fires At Cargo Ship Sailing Towards Mariupol Port
- Methane Leak From LNG Powered Cargo Ship Caught In Infrared Camera
- 4 Filipino Seafarers Arrested In Australia For Reportedly Importing Cocaine