Stellar Banner, a very large ore carrier (VLOC), is listing badly to the starboard side off the coast of Brazil.
VLOC Stellar Banner is a 300,660 dwt vessel operated by Polaris Shipping.
All 20 crew members have been evacuated from the vessel which is about 100 kms off the Brazilian coast.
According to the charterer Vale, rescue efforts are underway in collaboration with the maritime authorities.
Pictures of the vessel circulating on social media show the vessel grounded and heavily listing.
According to Refinitiv data, the vessel was bound for Qingdao, China with 275,000 tonnes of iron ore.
You might also like to read..
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Watch: OceanGate’s 2022 Titanic Expedition Document Wreck Of Titanic For Future Generations
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- What Are Hybrid Ships?
- ONE Inks Shipbuilding Contracts For 10 Very Large Container Ships