Van Oord has signed an agreement with Vroon Group to acquire MPI Offshore, a specialist offshore wind installation contractor.
Van Oord will take over the MPI organisation in Stokesley, UK, and the vessels and crew of the MPI Adventure and MPI Resolution with associated contracts. The transaction is subject to the approval of competition authorities and due diligence and expected to be closed by the end of September 2018.
With this acquisition, Van Oord will further strengthen its global wind organisation and in particular in the UK wind market.
‘The acquisition is fully in line with our ambitions and investment programme for the coming years. Offshore wind will play an important role in the energy transition. By acquiring the MPI Adventure and MPI Resolution and the addition of qualified personnel, our position in the offshore wind industry will be further strengthened.’
Van Oord has been involved in the construction of offshore wind projects since 2002, amongst others the Gemini Offshore Wind Park (NL) and the Walney Extension offshore wind farm (UK). Preparations are currently being made for the construction of the Borssele III / IV offshore wind farms (NL) and the Norther offshore wind farm (Belgium). Last May, Van Oord announced that it was awarded an extensive wind project in Taiwan, and thus took first steps towards the Asian offshore wind market.
Press Release: vanoord.com
You might also like to read..
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- Russian Navy Open Fires At Cargo Ship Sailing Towards Mariupol Port
- Methane Leak From LNG Powered Cargo Ship Caught In Infrared Camera
- 4 Filipino Seafarers Arrested In Australia For Reportedly Importing Cocaine