The United Nations has designated 8 June as World Oceans Day. World Oceans Day is a day for humanity to celebrate the ocean. This year’s theme is ” The Ocean: Life and Livelihoods”. In celebration and support of the life and livelihood that the ocean sustains, UNWOD 2021 will feature keynotes, panel discussions, and presentations that spotlight biodiversity, the latest oceanic discoveries, the interconnectivity between the ocean and its ecosystems, and more.
Human Rights at Sea is a Friend of World Oceans Day (FOWD) an informal community convened under the DOALOS (the Division for Ocean Affairs and the Law of the Sea) that supports the individuals and organizations active in the field of ocean affairs to support the marking of United Nations World Oceans Day (UNWOD), 8 June, and related activities.
We are very pleased to share the news that the UN World Oceans Day has just launched a dynamic and interactive website, the UN World Oceans Day website, hosted by United Nations DOALOS and IOC-UNESCO, in partnership with Oceanic Global.
The website provides a great portal and resource to learn about the history of World Oceans Day, find other United Nations and ocean-related events, learn about the annual photo competition, and explore the latest ocean-related stories, resources, and videos in the education portal.
You might also like to read..
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- Russian Navy Open Fires At Cargo Ship Sailing Towards Mariupol Port
- Methane Leak From LNG Powered Cargo Ship Caught In Infrared Camera
- 4 Filipino Seafarers Arrested In Australia For Reportedly Importing Cocaine