Ulstein has been appointed ‘Best Industrial Design Company 2019’. Jury statement: A venturous company with solid experience that holds a strong IPR strategy. They are flexible, having moved from oil to offshore wind and sustainable solutions. Their characteristic design is the ocean’s answer to the iconic Coke bottle.
Several other awards were also handed out at the Industrial Design Conference at Giske near Ålesund on 3 October 2019; Our congratulations go to Jets Vacuum, winner of the Sustainability Award, Tango Seaweed for Best Industrial Newcomer and Nye Ålesund kommune for Brand of the Year!
Best Industrial Company
The Best Industrial Design Company Award goes to a company that actively uses design in the development and production of its products and promotes design through several parts of the organization and in this way creates improved products and increases value creation – strategically and holistically.
The jury was composed of representatives from DOGA (Design and Architecture Norway), AHO (The Oslo School of Architecture and Design), NTNU (Norwegian University of Science and Technology), EGGS Design and Next Digital.
The jury statement:
“Ulstein excels in taking a holistic design perspective in product design, industrial design and interaction design, and in its design focus on the user when developing and producing their innovative products. The company has solid experience, is venturous, and holds a strong IPR strategy with brand registrations, design protection and several patented solutions. Ulstein demonstrates its flexibility and has moved from oil to offshore wind and further to other sustainable solutions. The company can be characterised by its distinctive ship design that is visible at miles’ distance – the ocean’s response to the iconic Coca-Cola bottle.”
Chief designer Øyvind Gjerde Kamsvåg received the Award, sending a big thank you to the management at Ulstein for offering time and space to think differently. He also praised his fellow colleagues for their talent and interdisciplinary efforts over many years.
You might also like to read..
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Watch: OceanGate’s 2022 Titanic Expedition Document Wreck Of Titanic For Future Generations
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- What Are Hybrid Ships?
- ONE Inks Shipbuilding Contracts For 10 Very Large Container Ships