The DP3 Cable Laying Vessel, Nexans Aurora’, was named at Ulstein Verft on 8 June 2021. The lady sponsor is Mrs Anne Lise Aukner, former Managing Director of Nexans Norway. Despite the COVID-19 pandemic, the project progress has been steady, and the vessel was delivered on time on 31 May 2021, three years after the signing of the shipbuilding contract.
“We are grateful to have been awarded this contract from Nexans. The successful completion of the project fortifies Ulstein’s position as a world leader within construction of this type of specialised vessel. This achievement is also a result of the complete maritime cluster in this area. The close dialogue and cooperation within this highly competent environment results in reduced lead time and are important elements to ensure good progress.
“In addition, the cooperation between Ulstein, Nexans and the designer, Skipsteknisk, has been crucial for a successful project,” says CEO Ulstein Group, Cathrine Kristiseter Marti.
The 149.9m long and 31m wide vessel boasts over 10,000 tons of cable load capacity and is fitted with state-of-the-art instruments for cable transport, installation, and protection.
Ragnhild Katteland, Executive Vice President, Subsea & Land Systems Business Group at Nexans, says: “The delivery of the “CLV Nexans Aurora” is an important step to fulfil our purpose “Electrify the Future”; creating a safer, more sustainable, renewable and inclusive global energy system. The “CLV Nexans Aurora” will contribute to unlocking the huge potential of offshore renewable energy for our customers worldwide. We are impressed by the effort done by the Ulstein Group, MAATS Tech Ltd and Skipsteknisk to deliver the “CLV Nexans Aurora” on time despite the uncertainties and difficulties created by the COVID-19 pandemic.”
Once launched, “CLV Nexans Aurora” will lay export cables for offshore wind farms and interconnectors around the world like for the Seagreen OWF in Scotland, the Crete-Attica interconnector in Greece and the Empire Offshore Wind project in US.
You might also like to read..
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Watch: OceanGate’s 2022 Titanic Expedition Document Wreck Of Titanic For Future Generations
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- What Are Hybrid Ships?
- ONE Inks Shipbuilding Contracts For 10 Very Large Container Ships