The TTS Colibri 3-D motion compensated crane has been shortlisted for the Innovation of the Year Award. The award is for an innovative product, system or service, which is considered to have made a significant impact on the design, build and/or operational aspects of offshore support vessels.
Two aspects make the TTS Colibri™ unique compared to other solutions in the market. ULSTEIN’s inhouse developed Colibri™ system is a stand-alone add-on device to a standard offshore crane. It adds functionality, while the crane maintains its functionality as a full-fledged offshore crane including deepwater subsea capabilities. But what makes this system truly unique is its ground-breaking anti-sway technology, which also allows to mitigate wind induced motions which act directly on the load.
The TTS Colibri™ crane will come in a range of three different sizes: 1 mT, 3 mT and 7 mT. The first contract is for a 1 mT version, where the crane itself still has its capability to lift 3 mT with a 10 mT retrofit option.
The Colibri™ technology is suitable for retrofitting existing cranes, making it a viable solution for upgrading cranes already in service. Hence, it offers ship-owners the possibility to create more flexibility for their existing fleet.
The Innovation of the Year Award is presented by the Offshore Support Journal.
You might also like to read..
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Watch: OceanGate’s 2022 Titanic Expedition Document Wreck Of Titanic For Future Generations
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- What Are Hybrid Ships?
- ONE Inks Shipbuilding Contracts For 10 Very Large Container Ships