TSUNEISHI SHIPBUILDING Co., Ltd. delivered its first LRI (77,000 DWT) Product/Chemical Tanker on March 29, 2019. This first ship was constructed at TSUNEISHI GROUP (ZHOUSHAN) SHIPBUILDING, Inc., the Group’s shipbuilding site in China. The new LRI Product/Chemical Tanker was built to address the rising global demand for petroleum and chemical products. It fulfils the requirements of MR Product/Chemical Tankers that are used mainly to transport such products but features a significantly increased load capacity.
The key feature of this LRI Product/Chemical Tanker is that, as a hybrid-type vessel, it fulfils the requirements for transporting not only petroleum products and crude oil but also vegetable oil and certain chemical products (IMO TYPE II and III). The cargo tank is designed without structural elements and has been given a special coating, thereby making it easy to wash and giving it flexibility in loading cargo. Moreover, despite being a 77,000 DWT-sized ship, it has the depth and draft to enter the ports often used by MR tankers (40,000 – 54,999 DWT) and the capacity to carry approximately twice as much cargo lot as an MR tanker can carry.
This LRI Product/Chemical Tanker is a next-generational ship that not only complies with the latest international rules, such as the Harmonized CSR (Common Structural Rules) and the NOx Tier III emission standards but also provides high fuel efficiency through its optimized hull design and use of the unique energy-saving techniques.
- Carry petroleum products and crude oil, as well as vegetable oil and certain chemical products (IMO TYPE II and III).
- Able to enter ports mainly used by MR tankers because it has the same draft and manifold height as an MR tanker.
- Carry approximately twice the amount of cargo lot as an MR tanker, by utilizing technologies that significantly increase load capacity.
- The cargo tank has no structural elements. The bulkhead is corrugated and the structural elements are allocated above the upper decks.
- Improve cargo flexibility due to the epoxy phenolic coating on the cargo tank.
- Contain independent pumps in each of the 12 cargo tanks and 2 slop tanks (6 segregations).
- Comply with new international rules through the application of the Harmonized CSR and NOx Tier III emission standards and the installation of the Ballast Water Management System (BWMS).
- Employ TSUNEISHI SHIPBUILDING’s unique and proven energy efficiency technologies (MT-FAST*, etc.)
About LRI Product/Chemical Tanker
- Vessel name: ORANGE VICTORIA
- Type: 77,000 DWT (LRI) Product/Chemical Tanker
- Length x breadth x depth: About 228.0 meters x 38.0 meters x 19.3 meters
- Full load draft: 13.3 meters
- Deadweight: about 77,000 metric tons
- Gross Tonnage: about 46,100 tons
- Cargo hold capacity: about 92,000 cubic meters
- Service Speed: 14.5 knots
- Shipbuilder: TSUNEISHI GROUP (ZHOUSHAN) SHIPBUILDING, Inc.
TSUNEISHI SHIPBUILDING continues to strive to deliver high-quality ships that reduce the burden on our environment and achieve a high level of both economic and environmental performance for not only our mainstay of bulk carriers but also for our product tankers and feeder container ships.
*MT-FAST: An energy-saving hull fitting that can boost propulsion efficiency by approximately 4% due to the multiple fins attached to the front of the propeller to adjust water flow. It was awarded the FY2018 Minister of the Environment’s Commendation for Global Warming Prevention Activities.