Today’s maritime industry requires realistic solutions and concepts for a modern, integrated operational infrastructure that delivers a sustainable, viable future.
Whether an autonomous ship or not the maritime sector needs an infrastructure solution that will enhance and support our human element, and enable operations.
At 14.00hrs on Tuesday 6th September at SMM Hamburg, Mr Frank Coles, CEO, Transas will deliver critical insight and practical innovation for the future of maritime operations.
Over 70% of ship owners, operators and managers* believe that it would be helpful to have shared input/operational responsibility between on-board crew and shore-based personnel at all times.
ECDIS, ship stability, voyage planning and weather forecast data as well as fuel consumption, engine performance and bridge alarm system data should all be made available in real time to the shore as well as on the ship.
The majority feel the crew would be willing to accept operational decisions from shore and this just one of the options open to the maritime stakeholders if collaborating through one central operating system and repository of ‘mega data’.
There can be interactions across the maritime network with training schools, ports, regulators as well as the ship and shore, all able to share common data.
During the presentation at SMM Hamburg, Coles will be demonstrating how this is now possible. He will be showing THESIS (the Transas Harmonised Eco System of Integrated Solutions) in action.
“This is shipping’s future delivered now”, stated Transas CEO, Frank Coles. “Transas have opened the way for the global maritime community to finally take advantage of truly integrated operations that exponentially improve efficiency and safety throughout.”
In addition, he will be sharing insights from Transas’s extensive industry collaboration and the resulting R&D at this special presentation at SMM, Hamburg.
You might also like to read..
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- Russian Navy Open Fires At Cargo Ship Sailing Towards Mariupol Port
- Methane Leak From LNG Powered Cargo Ship Caught In Infrared Camera
- 4 Filipino Seafarers Arrested In Australia For Reportedly Importing Cocaine