Teekay Tankers Ltd. (Teekay Tankers or the Company) announced that it has completed and closed the previously-announced sale-leaseback transaction for six Aframax tankers, the Whistler Spirit, Blackcomb Spirit, Emerald Spirit, Garibaldi Spirit, Tarbet Spirit and Peak Spirit. As a result, the Company has increased its liquidity position by approximately $60 million after the repayment of outstanding debt related to these vessels. This financing was part of the Company’s financing initiatives announced on August 2, 2018.
As part of this financing, the Company will bareboat charter-in these vessels for 9 to 10 years. In addition, the Company has purchase options for each vessel beginning after two years and a purchase obligation for each vessel upon the expiration of each agreement.
“We are pleased to have successfully executed on this significant financing initiative with the completion of this sale-leaseback transaction. We increased our net liquidity position by an additional $60 million, extended our debt maturity profile and continue to work on other liquidity initiatives,” commented Kevin Mackay, Teekay Tankers’ President and CEO
Press Release: teekay.com
You might also like to read..
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Watch: OceanGate’s 2022 Titanic Expedition Document Wreck Of Titanic For Future Generations
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- What Are Hybrid Ships?
- ONE Inks Shipbuilding Contracts For 10 Very Large Container Ships