SunStone Ships, the largest tonnage provider in the expedition market, announced the successful Sea Trials of their third and fourth next-generation, INFINITY-class vessels (CMHI 196-3 and CMHI 196-4).
With a goal of marrying European design and quality with Chinese ship-building efficiency, the INFINITYclass delivers cutting-edge design, innovations like X-bow technology, and significant operating efficiencies.
SunStone CEO, Niels-Erik Lund, commented, “We are very pleased with the quality and high building standards of China Merchants Heavy Industry, which are fully at the level of European Shipyards. We are looking forward to continuing our relationships with all our partners in the Infinity-class project and we, even considering the continued COVID-19 world crisis, are moving fast forward as planned at a very satisfactory speed, safety, and quality level.”
On January 22, 2021 Sea Trials began on Ocean Victory and Ocean Explorer (CMHI 196-3 and CMHI 196-4). Sea Trials consisted of five days of intense testing of each vessels system while underway in the south China sea. Over 150 people were onboard each vessel during the Trials from the Shipyard, Bureau Veritas (Class society), managers crew (CMI), and SunStone Marine Advisors (Owners Site Team). Both vessels
completed successful sea trials just prior to the Chinese New Year.
INFINITY Class Vessels are 104 meters long, and 18 meters wide, having a draft of 5.1 meters. They feature a passenger capacity between 130-200 and a crew capacity between 85 and 115. The Vessels are Ice Class 1A, Polar Code 6 and are being built with Safe Return to Port, Dynamic Positioning and Zero Speed Stabilizers.
The Vessels are featuring the X-Bow® by Ulstein Design & Solutions. They are small enough to give an exclusive atmosphere and yet large enough to yield all expected services and facilities such as a swimming pool, bar and restaurants, lounges, boutique, gym and spa.
Current INFINITY Class new-builds underway after the delivery of GREG MORTIMER are; the OCEAN VICTORY, the OCEAN EXPLORER and SYLVIA EARLE with delivery in 2021, the OCEAN ODYSSEY and OCEAN ALBATROS with delivery in 2022 and the OCEAN DISCOVERER with delivery in 2023. All vessels ordered have long-term charter agreements in place.
You might also like to read..
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Watch: OceanGate’s 2022 Titanic Expedition Document Wreck Of Titanic For Future Generations
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- What Are Hybrid Ships?
- ONE Inks Shipbuilding Contracts For 10 Very Large Container Ships