On 20th March, a steel cutting ceremony for COSCO Shipping Company Limited’s (COSCOL) 90,000 DWT Semi-Submersible Vessel, m/v Guang Hua Kou was held at Guangzhou Shipyard International.
This purpose-built heavy lift vessel will have a large open deck measuring 211.2 x 68 meters (692.9 x 223 feet) capable of transporting the largest offshore structures, semi-submersible rigs, and jack-up rigs.
Delivery of the vessel will be 4Q 2016
Key Features of COSCOL’s m/v Guang Hua Kou Newbuilding:
- Superior internal strength, capable of stern or side loading.
- 16m deck submerging capabilities in order to load large floating structures.
- Ballasting will be controlled by 4 large capacity air compressors, which will enable operations to be completed in about 6 hours.
- The propulsion system will be diesel-electric and will provide a service speed of 13.5 knots.
- Easily removable stern buoyancy casings.
- Class 2 Dynamic Positioning System.
- Double separate redundant propulsion system (with Class notation RP) and ballast systems for increased safety and reliability.
Technical Specifications of COSCOL’s m/v Guang Hua Kou Newbuilding:
- Length – 255 meters (837 feet)
- Breadth – 68 meters (223 feet)
- Deadweight – abt 90,000 tons
- Loaded Draft – 10.0 meters (32.8 feet)
- Hull Depth – 14.5 meters (47.6 feet)
- Deck Submersion – 16 meters (52.5 feet)
- Allowable Loads – 20 tons/m2 overall / 125 tons/m on webframes