At last, the oil tanker industry has an app for calculating demurrage claims on the go. Smartphone apps have been one of the biggest innovations in the turn of the decade, and that has led to a rocketing amount of dependency on apps for work-related purposes.
Similarly, the oil tanker industry witnessed an immense increase of the demurrage and associated costs. Its constantly evolving and expanding functionality makes it one of the most prominent fields in the industry. However, oil tanker owners and charterers continue to face the challenge in demurrage claims, that stand a risk of being rejected due to late submissions beyond agreement time bars.
In a first, the I-Demurrage app has been created to make the time-consuming process of calculating demurrage more easier. I-Demurrage enables the user to calculate demurrage in a simple and effective format and email calculations to the user’s email ID. The app aspires to save millions in the process.
Leena Asher, the brain behind the I-Demurrage app, is a Specialist Demurrage Analyst and a subject matter expert in her industry on demurrage. She says, “I identified there’s a need for an app to calculate demurrage after interacting with my industry peers. The process can be made simpler and since we’re in a tech-savvy generation, I decided the app was the need of the day”. As the creator, I hope I-Demurrage saves my industry peers’ time and money in their busy work-routines.”
You might also like to read..
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Watch: OceanGate’s 2022 Titanic Expedition Document Wreck Of Titanic For Future Generations
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- What Are Hybrid Ships?
- ONE Inks Shipbuilding Contracts For 10 Very Large Container Ships