LLC Shipbuilding Complex Zvezda and Samsung Heavy Industries Co. Ltd. (the Republic of Korea) signed an agreement in the framework of the IV Eastern Economic Forum setting the conditions for establishment of a joint venture in order to organize an efficient project management system for construction of shuttle tankers at Zvezda Shipbuilding Complex with a deadweight ranging from 42 to 120 thousand tons. In accordance with the conditions of the agreement, the joint venture will be established by the year end.
The agreement terms include the exchange of experience in designing and construction of shuttle tankers. Samsung Heavy Industries will provide technical specifications as well as the basic and detailed design of the vessels to Zvezda and will assist with development of detailed engineering drawings jointly with Lazurit Central Design Bureau.
Also, in line with the agreement terms the Korean Company will provide the technical support for planning, project management and quality assurance during construction and assembly, procurement of materials and equipment and ensure the engineering support of construction of shuttle tankers at Zvezda.
Except this, Samsung Heavy Industries will train the Russian personnel at their shipyard and organize shipyard internship at similar projects.
You might also like to read..
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Watch: OceanGate’s 2022 Titanic Expedition Document Wreck Of Titanic For Future Generations
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- What Are Hybrid Ships?
- ONE Inks Shipbuilding Contracts For 10 Very Large Container Ships