Bing Chen, President and Chief Executive Officer of Seaspan, commented, “With the acquisition of the six high-quality containerships and approaching 1 million TEU, Seaspan has continued executing on its growth strategy through disciplined capital allocation. Leveraging our strong balance sheet and trusted customer partnerships, we are well-positioned to grow our market-leading position to capture the increasingly attractive opportunities in the containership sector. As this acquisition demonstrates, Seaspan continues to be well regarded by our customers and financing partners as their reliable solution provider. We remain committed to execute on our top five priorities and strengthen our unique integrated platform.”
Seaspan’s global fleet now approaches one million TEU, with a total fleet size of approximately 975,000 TEU. Seaspan continues to be the market-leading independent charter owner and operator of containerships, with a market share of approximately 7.7% of the global fleet, measured by TEU.
You might also like to read..
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- Russian Navy Open Fires At Cargo Ship Sailing Towards Mariupol Port
- Methane Leak From LNG Powered Cargo Ship Caught In Infrared Camera
- 4 Filipino Seafarers Arrested In Australia For Reportedly Importing Cocaine