Royal Caribbean has today announced that it has made it into the Guinness Book of World Records with its unique North Star attraction aboard the cruise line’s Quantum-class ships.
The North Star is a one-of-a-kind exclusive experience that takes guests on an exhilarating journey high above the sea. This glass observation capsule gently rises more than 300 feet in the air and rotates upwards and over the sides of the ship to provide the most breathtaking, 360-degree views imaginable. These views helped the North Star break the record for “Highest Viewing Deck on a Cruise Ship.”
The three Quantum class ships – Quantum of the Seas, Ovation of the Seas and Anthem of the Seas – offer world-class holiday experiences to international guests. Quantum of the Seas is homeported in Beijing (Tianjin) and starting next week, Ovation of the Seas will be homeported in Sydney for the southern hemisphere summer. Anthem of the Seas is currently sailing from Cape Liberty Cruise Port in New York Harbor to Bermuda, The Bahamas and the Caribbean.
Here are five famous views guests can see from the top of the North Star, while sailing on extraordinary itineraries available onboard Quantum-class ships:
- Statue of Liberty – Let the iconic Statue of Liberty usher you into The Big Apple, onboard Anthem of the Seas.
- Paradise Island – The idyllic Paradise Island provides the most tranquil of views as you make your way into Nassau Port in the Bahamas, onboard Anthem of the Seas.
- Milford Sound – From Milford Sound Cruise Port onboard Ovation of the Seas, you can immerse yourself in New Zealand’s dramatic landscape and take in the majestic Milford Sound fiord.
- Hong Kong Skyline – Glimpse the best of Hong Kong’s captivating skyscrapers from the ultra-modern Kai Tak cruise terminal, onboard Quantum of the Seas.
- Sydney Opera House, Australia – Witness the Sydney Opera House and stunning Sydney Harbour Bridge as Ovation of the Seas glides into the port.
First introduced in 2014, the Quantum-class ships boldly redefined the industry with unprecedented innovations in design, thrilling activities, game-changing technology, multidimensional entertainment and a robust variety of dining opportunities that create the ultimate, contemporary cruising experience found only on Royal Caribbean.