The Rotterdam port accelerator PortXL has started a worldwide search for new port-related start-ups for its 2017 programme. Over the course of 100 days, these fledgling firms will be intensively coached by the PortXL mentors. This support will ensure that their innovative concepts can really take off after launch. Of the twelve companies that took part in the 2016 edition, half has already landed a contract.
Rotterdam is a magnet for innovative ideas and concepts. It is firmly committed to its ambition to be the world’s smartest port. That is why on 29 October 2015, Rotterdam launched PortXL, the only start-up programme specifically geared towards port-related activities. In 2016, over 180 mentors and highly involved partners (Van Oord, Port of Rotterdam Authority, EY, Erasmus Centre for Entrepreneurship, Vopak, Damen, Uniper, First Dutch, Rabobank, Boskalis, InnovationQuarter) offered twelve start-ups an opportunity to raise their technologies to the next level. And with considerable success: of the start-ups, six were able to sign a new contract with a client. What’s more: the selected start-ups have all announced that they intend to keep Rotterdam as their base of operations. The Port of Rotterdam Authority is proud of the results achieved in the first year of the programme and is consequently happy to support its second edition in 2017.
Registrations for the 2017 programme
At this moment, PortXL is seeking out the ten most promising port-related start-ups in the world for its 2017 programme. Each of the selected teams will offer a disruptive, scalable business proposition that can be successfully launched within a year. PortXL has a special focus on the Transport & Logistics, Energy, Chemical & Refining and Maritime sectors. On 22 June 2017, the selected start-ups will present their work at the grand finale: the PortXL ‘Shakedown’.
Start-ups can register via the website: https://www.portxl.org
You might also like to read..
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Watch: OceanGate’s 2022 Titanic Expedition Document Wreck Of Titanic For Future Generations
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- What Are Hybrid Ships?
- ONE Inks Shipbuilding Contracts For 10 Very Large Container Ships