The Port of Long Beach has been named the best West Coast seaport in North America for the second consecutive year. The award was given on Nov. 9 in Hong Kong at the 34th annual Asian Freight, Logistics and Supply Chain Awards, hosted by shipping trade publication Asia Cargo News.
Every year, Asia Cargo News honors logistics industry members for demonstrating leadership as well as consistency in service quality, innovation, customer relationship management, and reliability. The awards are judged by importers, exporters, and logistics and supply chain professionals.
“It is an honor to once again receive this recognition,” said Port of Long Beach Executive Director Mario Cordero. “We’d like to especially thank the terminals, workers, and supply chain partners who have kept goods moving during the global pandemic.”
“Our many partners have worked diligently during the global pandemic to ensure that cargo operations continue, maintaining a vital link in the supply chain to ensure everyday goods continue to be available to Americans,” Long Beach Harbor Commission President Frank Colonna said. “This award is a credit to their efforts.”
You might also like to read..
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- Russian Navy Open Fires At Cargo Ship Sailing Towards Mariupol Port
- Methane Leak From LNG Powered Cargo Ship Caught In Infrared Camera
- 4 Filipino Seafarers Arrested In Australia For Reportedly Importing Cocaine