On August 1, 2016, the Oak Spirit was successfully delivered to Cheniere Energy. Since then, the vessel has begun her maiden voyage under the command of Captain Matthew Sumner.
Oak Spirit is now operating under its 5-year fee-based charter contract to Cheniere Energy, lifting volumes from Cheniere’s Sabine Pass LNG export facility alongside the Creole Spirit.
The successful delivery from the yard and commencement of charter contracts of this vessel is an important milestone for Teekay LNG Partners (TGP) as we continue to focus on executing on our committed growth projects. We currently have seven more vessels of this kind in various stages of build at DSME – including the Torben Spirit. Two additional LNG MEGI newbuildings will be built at the Hyundai Heavy Industries shipyard.
We wish nothing but tail winds and calm seas to our new vessel and her crew!
You might also like to read..
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- Russian Navy Open Fires At Cargo Ship Sailing Towards Mariupol Port
- Methane Leak From LNG Powered Cargo Ship Caught In Infrared Camera
- 4 Filipino Seafarers Arrested In Australia For Reportedly Importing Cocaine