Allseas’ dynamically positioned single-lift installation/decommissioning and pipelay vessel “Pioneering Spirit” successfully executed her maiden heavy lift project, removal of the 13,500 t Yme mobile offshore production unit (MOPU) in the North Sea, 100 km off the coast of Norway, on 22 August 2016 for Repsol Norge AS.
The Yme MOPU is a jack-up type platform standing on three steel legs of 3.5 m diameter, which are inserted approximately 10 m inside the subsea storage tank columns at 93 m water depth. With this platform removal, Allseas was able to demonstrate the unique single-lift capabilities of “Pioneering Spirit”.
The platform has since been sea-fastened on board and the vessel is currently on her way to the newly
developed dismantling yard in Lutelandet, Norway.
You might also like to read..
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- Russian Navy Open Fires At Cargo Ship Sailing Towards Mariupol Port
- Methane Leak From LNG Powered Cargo Ship Caught In Infrared Camera
- 4 Filipino Seafarers Arrested In Australia For Reportedly Importing Cocaine