Royal Caribbean International’s Symphony of the Seas, the new sound of adventure, made her highly anticipated debut to the cruise capital of the world, forever changing the status quo on vacations for adventure-seekers everywhere. Fresh from her inaugural Europe season, the world’s largest cruise ship sailed into her permanent, year-round home at Royal Caribbean’s new, state-of-the-art Terminal A at PortMiami, the largest cruise terminal in the U.S.
“Symphony takes family vacationing to a whole new level with energy and options never before found in one place. This ship is the perfect blend of our greatest hits we know guests love and a lineup of vibrant, new restaurants, activities and unparalleled entertainment – all purposefully designed around vacationers’ preferences,” said Michael Bayley, President and CEO, Royal Caribbean International. “With her U.S. homecoming this week, Symphony is changing the game for how travellers of all ages vacation on our biggest and boldest adventure yet.”
The ultimate family vacation, Symphony of the Seas will sail 7-night Eastern and Western Caribbean itineraries from Miami beginning Saturday, Nov. 17, and will add visits to the cruise line’s new private island destination in The Bahamas, Perfect Day at CocoCay, opening May 2019. Featured in TIME magazine’s first annual “World’s Greatest Places” list (Sept. 2018), Symphony features a next-level collection of new experiences including:
- The two-story Ultimate Family Suite for eight guests includes an in-suite slide, air hockey table, building block wall and “Royal Genie” concierge
- The high-energy Boardwalk, with activities for the whole family, offers gameday favourites at Playmaker’s Sports
- Bar & Arcade, the Sugar Beach speciality candy and ice cream shop, face painting, caricature artists, live music and more
- New restaurants, including Hooked Seafood with fresh, New England-style favourites, and made-to-order
- Mexican “street fare” at El Loco Fresh
- A glow-in-the-dark laser tag adventure called Battle for Planet Z
- An always-evolving Royal Caribbean app, designed to be a gamechanger for the guest experience, enables expedited arrival, more personalization and interactive onboard features
Symphony of the Seas also features a playlist of the greatest hits that Royal Caribbean guests know and love from the iconic Oasis Class ships:
- The Ultimate Abyss, the tallest slide at sea, a 10-story test of courage
- The Perfect Storm, a trio of thrilling multistory waterslides named Cyclone, Typhoon and Supercell
- Two FlowRider surf simulators, where adventurers can hang ten
- Twin rock-climbing walls, standing at 40 feet tall and boasting stunning sea views
- A zip line nine decks high, speeding riders 82 feet across an open-air atrium
- AquaTheater, an open-air theater with jaw-dropping, high-diving acrobatic and aquatic performances set at the deepest pool at sea
- Central Park, a green sanctuary lush with more than 20,000 living plants and trees.
The official naming ceremony for Symphony of the Seas will take place on Thursday, Nov. 15, hosted by the industry’s first-ever Godfamily – actors and avid Royal Caribbean fans Alexa and Carlos PenaVega, along with their toddler son Ocean.
The 25th ship in Royal Caribbean’s fleet, Symphony of the Seas encompasses 228,081 gross registered tons, measures 238 feet tall and spans 1,188 feet in length. Each week, Symphony will welcome 5,518 guests at double occupancy in 2,759 staterooms, including 28 additional balcony rooms that overlook the ocean or the ship’s signature Boardwalk neighbourhood.