Yanmar has delivered engines for an innovative hybrid power solution for the live fish carrier, Ro Vision, the winner of Norway’s Boat of the Year Award.
Built by Norwegian shipyard Larsnes Mek. Verksted AS., The Ro Vision is powered by three of Yanmar’s 6EY22ALW diesel generators integrated with a 600kW battery pack from Siemens which together provide power for onboard systems and the electric propulsion system. The ground-breaking vessel was awarded Norway’s prestigious Ship of the Year Award for 2020 for its outstanding technology and design.
With the Norwegian aquaculture and fishing industry setting its sights on the future, new boats are being built with increasing concern for the condition of the live fish, the welfare of the crew, and the environment.
This first-ever hybrid propulsion live fish carrier is developed with a strong focus on increased safety and lower emissions. Equipped with a selective catalytic reduction (SCR) system to reduce nitrogen oxide (NOx) emissions, the Yanmar engines deliver safe and reliable power that is cleaner than ever.
Jarle Gunnarstein, CEO of shipbuilder Larsnes Mek Verksted, gave credit to the powerplant: “YANMAR engines are easy to install and accessible for maintenance.
Moreover, they are economical, have low emissions and a long lifespan, which is often a decisive factor for our customers, such as ship owners and designers.”
As Norway’s fisheries embrace new challenges, Yanmar will continue to support the industry with solutions for the vessels of tomorrow.
- Name: MS “Ro Vision”
- Design: Skipskompetanse AS
- Shipyard: Larsnes Mek. Verksted AS.
- Type of Vessel: Live Fish Carrier
- Length: 84.2 m
- Beam: 15.5 m
- Hybrid/battery-package: Siemens
- Diesel generators: 3 x Yanmar 6EY22-ALW
You might also like to read..
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Watch: OceanGate’s 2022 Titanic Expedition Document Wreck Of Titanic For Future Generations
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- What Are Hybrid Ships?
- ONE Inks Shipbuilding Contracts For 10 Very Large Container Ships