The Coast Guard is investigating an allision that occurred when the passenger vessel Spirit of Baltimore struck the pier at Henderson Wharf Marina in Baltimore, Sunday morning.
There were 447 people aboard the vessel at the time of the incident.
The vessel’s hull reportedly sustained cosmetic damage, and 60-feet of pier was reportedly damaged.
Coast Guard investigators from Sector Maryland-National Capital Region are investigating the incident and assessing the damage to the vessel and pier.
The cause of the incident is still under investigation.
There is currently no report of pollution.
You might also like to read..
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- Russian Navy Open Fires At Cargo Ship Sailing Towards Mariupol Port
- Methane Leak From LNG Powered Cargo Ship Caught In Infrared Camera
- 4 Filipino Seafarers Arrested In Australia For Reportedly Importing Cocaine