A ferry with several passengers on board sank off Bali, Indonesia. Xinhua news agency has reported that rescue and evacuation activities are underway.
The ship was heading toward Gilimanuk seaport, Bali when it sank.
At least six people have lost their lives. The KMP Yunice had more than 53 passengers and 15 crew members on board when it sank, reports said.
More than 44 passengers have been rescued. The cause of this accident remains unknown so far.
You might also like to read..
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Watch: OceanGate’s 2022 Titanic Expedition Document Wreck Of Titanic For Future Generations
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- What Are Hybrid Ships?
- ONE Inks Shipbuilding Contracts For 10 Very Large Container Ships