With the transit of the Panamax cruise ship Pacific Princess, with a capacity of 670 passengers, which took place on Wednesday, May 22, the Panama Canal reported the closing of the 2018-2019 cruise season.
This ship, operated by the Princess Cruises line, sailed from Los Angeles, California, in a 15-day voyage that included the expedited passage through the inter-oceanic route. Its final destination is the port of Fort Lauderdale, in the United States.
Albano Aguilar, specialist leader in International Trade of the Division of Market Analysis and Customer Relations of the Vice Presidency of Traffic Business, indicated that from October 1, 2018 to September 30, 2019, the Panama Canal will register 242 transits of passenger ships with more than 260,000 passengers.
In relation to transits of neopanamax dimensions, for this fiscal year seven ships were received with a total of 12 transits of the Norwegian, Princess, Carnival and Disney lines (Norwegian Bliss, Caribbean Princess, Emerald Princess, Carnival Valor, Carnival Freedom, Carnival Triumph and Disney Wonder).
With the closing of the season, renowned cruise lines such as Princess Cruises, Holland America Line, Royal Caribbean Cruises and Norwegian Cruise Line, among others, maintain their proposal to offer itineraries to complete transits and partial transits that include Panama and in particular, the interoceanic way.
On the other hand, smaller vessels such as the National Geographic Quest and Safari Voyager also contributed to segment traffic. These vessels, with itineraries between eight and 12 days, respectively, visited ports located on the west coast of the Central American isthmus.
Additionally, passenger ships that did not anticipate such as Sun Princess, Vidanta Elegant, RCGS Resolute, American Song and Celebrity Flora pass through the Canal.
You might also like to read..
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Watch: OceanGate’s 2022 Titanic Expedition Document Wreck Of Titanic For Future Generations
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- What Are Hybrid Ships?
- ONE Inks Shipbuilding Contracts For 10 Very Large Container Ships