Ocean Network Express (East Asia) Ltd. (“ONE EA”) today celebrated the maiden voyage of the second of a series of seven 14,000 TEU-class magenta containership of the company, ONE MINATO at Yantian International Container Terminals Limited (YICT).
Sailed under the flag of Japan, ONE MINATO is a newly built 14,000 TEU-class containership which was delivered from Imabari Shipbuilding Co., Ltd. in Hiroshima, Japan on 24 July 2018 (*). At 365.94 metres length and 51.2 metres width, the vessel deployed on THE Alliance’s Asia to North America East Coast trade (EC4 service), made successful calls at ports of Kaohsiung and Hong Kong before calling at Yantian. She will continue her voyage to Cai Mep, Singapore via the Suez Canal to New York, Norfolk, Savannah and Charleston on the United States East Coast. On the way back to Asia, she will call again at New York, Singapore and Kaohsiung.
“This is a very special time for ONE to welcome our ONE MINATO, which is the second in
a series of seven 14,000 TEU-class new containership with our signature magenta branding on its hull. Increased deployment of large vessels enhances our growth strategy and complement our fleet,” said Mr. Shunichiro Mizukami, Region Head, East Asia and Managing Director of ONE EA in the welcome ceremony. “This new vessel and her sister vessels sailing on Asia to North America trade can further strengthen our Asia network. Together with our customers and partners such as YICT, ONE is dedicated to providing optimal solutions and higher quality services as we believe that “AS ONE, WE CAN.!””
YICT’s Managing Director, Mr. Patrick Lam said, “We are very honoured to witness the maiden voyage of “ONE MINATO” at YICT. This not only marks the long term partnership between ONE and YICT, but also highlights the fact that YICT is the preferred mega vessel hub in South China.”
Vessel Particulars of ONE MINATO
Length: 365.94 M
Breadth: 51.2 M
Depth: 29.9 M
Deadweight Tonnage: 147,000 T
Press Release: One
You might also like to read..
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- Russian Navy Open Fires At Cargo Ship Sailing Towards Mariupol Port
- Methane Leak From LNG Powered Cargo Ship Caught In Infrared Camera
- 4 Filipino Seafarers Arrested In Australia For Reportedly Importing Cocaine