Oldendorff signed another two batches of newbuilding contracts for a series of eco Kamsarmaxes with HANTONG Shipyard. The orders are for 5 firm vessels and 7 options. The options are likely to be declared during Q1 of 2022, which would mean that they (Oldendorff) will have built a total of 31 vessels at Hantong between 2016 and 2023, comprised of 7 Newcastlemaxes and 24 Kamsarmaxes.
The latest orders are for the new Sdari-82 (2020) design, which features an improved hull form for even lower consumption and a better light running margin (LRM) for the propeller. At a speed of 14.0 knots, the consumption of the MAN-B&W 6S60ME-C 10.5 engine on design load draft will be 23.18 tons (basis ISO conditions and an LCV of 42,700 kj/kg).
The firm and optional vessels will deliver between July 2022 and September 2023. Some of them have been resold to another owner.
Next month, Hantong will also deliver the last two 209,000 tdw Newcastlemax newbuildings (MV “Heide Oldendorff” and MV “Hauke Oldendorff”), which will service a 10 year Contract of Affreightment from 2023 onwards.
So far this year, OLDENDORFF CARRIERS has acquired 16 vessels and holds 7 options:
- 2 x 182,000 tdw – NBs ex-yard Namura Nov-22 and Feb-23
- 1 x 119,000 tdw – built 2013 at Sanoyas
- 1 x 111,000 tdw – built 2012 at Mitsui
- 1 x 99,000 tdw – built 2013 at Tsuneishi Zhoushan
- 2 x 96,000 tdw – built 2011 and 2013 at Imabari
- 2 x 93,000 tdw – built 2012 at Cosco Zhoushan
- 5 x 82,000 tdw – NBs ex-yard Hantong Jul-22 onwards (+ 7 options)
- 2 x 61,000 tdw – NBs ex-yard DACKS Jul-22
The company strived to maintain a modern and environmentally friendly fleet to serve our clients. Of the roughly 750 owned and chartered vessels in our fleet list, around 200 are on floating index-based period charters and around 80 on fixed-rate period charters.
You might also like to read..
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- What Are Hybrid Ships?
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Captain Falls Overboard From Bulk Carrier, Survived 3 Days By Clinging To Wood
- Two Tanker Ships Carrying Palm Oil Seized By Indonesian Navy
- Filipino Seaman Pleads Guilty In Crew Member’s Murder On LA-Bound Cargo Vessel
- Ship Owner And Operator Plead Guilty To Environmental And Safety Crimes; Fined $1 Million Each