Ocean Infinity is excited to announce the launch of a new pioneering marine technology and data company, Armada.
Armada, with a focus on combining technology and sustainability, will initially add fifteen bespoke designed marine robots to Ocean Infinity’s current fleet of autonomous underwater vehicles.
The launch of Armada marks a major technological advance in the industry. Each unmanned surface robot will serve a wide range of industries by being fully equipped to perform a multiplicity of offshore data acquisition and intervention operations down to a depth of 6,000 meters.
These robot ships will be capable of remotely deploying a wide range of the latest sensors as well as AUVs and ROVs for visual and acoustic data acquisition.
Armada’s fleet requires neither people on board nor a host vessel nearby. Instead, they will be controlled and operated by experienced mariners via satellite communications from state of the art onshore facilities in both Austin (Texas) and Southampton (England). With zero people required at sea Armada operations are set to be the safest the industry has seen. The fleet approach produces up to 90% less CO2 than other conventional survey vessels, also making it the most environmentally sustainable company in the industry.
Armada’s fleet is currently under construction and is expected to be deployable by the end of 2020.
Oliver Plunkett, CEO for Ocean Infinity, said:
“We’ve been driven to innovate by a desire to further reduce our impact on the environment and the time people spend at sea. We have built an outstanding team who boast world-leading expertise to take this next stage of our business forward for the benefit of our clients and all those who work with us.
The launch of Armada re-confirms Ocean Infinity as the leading marine robotics and ocean data company in the world. ”
Dan Hook, Managing Director for Armada, said:
“We are very excited to be launching Armada, which perfectly complements the other service offerings in the Ocean Infinity Group. The pioneering technology makes our operations world-leading in terms of environmental sustainability and safety, whilst still achieving the very highest levels of data quality and value for our clients. With no requirement for a host vessel, we are breaking new ground in the area of subsea technology and data. We look forward to providing our existing and new clients with a best in class solution that will be revolutionary for the industry.”
You might also like to read..
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- Russian Navy Open Fires At Cargo Ship Sailing Towards Mariupol Port
- Methane Leak From LNG Powered Cargo Ship Caught In Infrared Camera
- 4 Filipino Seafarers Arrested In Australia For Reportedly Importing Cocaine