NYK has been selected for the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices (DJSI),* the world’s leading investment indexes for ESG (environmental, social, and governance) criteria, for a 19th straight year.
The DJSI is a major global index that comprehensively analyzes more than 3,400 of the world’s leading companies in the three areas of environment, society, and governance/economy, and selects companies that excel in sustainability.
The Dow Jones Sustainability Asia Pacific Index (DJSI Asia Pacific), for which NYK was selected, includes 153 companies (77 Japanese companies).
In addition to the FTSE4Good Index for which NYK was selected for a 19th straight year and the FTSE Blossom Japan Index for which NYK was selected for a fifth straight year in July, the DJSI is an important selection standard for investors who value corporate social responsibility and sustainability.
On February 3, NYK released the NYK Group ESG Story, which aims to further integrate ESG into the company’s management strategy and promotes activities that contribute to the achievement of the SDGs (Sustainable Development Goals) through business activities.
In order to continue to be a corporate group that remains essential to society and industry, the NYK Group aims to be a sustainable solution provider that creates new value while maximizing profits and achieving social and environmental sustainability from a long-term perspective.
* Dow Jones Sustainability Indices (DJSI): The results of the annual DJSI review are announced by S&P Dow Jones Indices LLC, the world’s largest global resource for index-based concepts and data, in cooperation with SAM, which is part of S&P Global and a specialist in ESG research and data.
You might also like to read..
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Watch: OceanGate’s 2022 Titanic Expedition Document Wreck Of Titanic For Future Generations
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- What Are Hybrid Ships?
- ONE Inks Shipbuilding Contracts For 10 Very Large Container Ships