The liquefied natural gas (LNG) carrier LNG Endeavour, commercially managed by France LNG Shipping (a French ship-owning company jointly owned by NYK and Geogas LNG*) and under a long-term charter contract with TotalEnergies Gas & Power Ltd,** was delivered on October 20. The vessel was built in Korea at SAMSUNG HEAVY INDUSTRIES Co., Ltd., Geoje, Korea.
The LNG carrier is equipped with a WinGD X-DF diesel engine that can operate on fuel oil or boil off gas stored in its cargo tank. The vessel has a cargo tank capacity of 174,000 cubic meters and a membrane-type tank that will make use of advanced insulating materials*** to reduce the boil-off rate (percentage of gas volume that vaporizes during navigation).
- Length overall: about 293 meters
- Breadth: about 45.8 meters
- Gross tonnage: 115,408 tons
- Main engine: X-DF diesel engine
- Cargo tank capacity: about 174,000 cubic meters
- Shipbuilder: Samsung Heavy Industries Co. Ltd.
- Flag: France
On February 3, NYK released the NYK Group ESG Story, which aims to further integrate ESG principles into the company’s management strategy and promote activities that contribute to the achievement of the SDGs (Sustainable Development Goals) through the company’s business activities. To strongly promote ESG management, the NYK Group will encourage new value creation as a sustainable solution provider through a business strategy that includes the transportation of LNG, which is expected to be a low-carbon bridging fuel prior to the transition to future zero-emission fuels.
* Geogas LNG
Geogas LNG is a subsidiary of the Geogas Group and the infrastructure funds Access Capital Partners and DIF Capital Partners. The Geogas Group owns French-flagged LPG carriers trades, worldwide, six million tons of LPG annually.
** TotalEnergies Gas & Power Ltd.
A wholly owned subsidiary of TotalEnergies responsible for procuring and transporting energy for the TotalEnergies Group.
*** A Gaztransport & Technigaz (GTT) made tank — i.e., the GTT Mark III flex cargo containment system — that has insulating materials to suppress the boil-off rate.
You might also like to read..
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Watch: OceanGate’s 2022 Titanic Expedition Document Wreck Of Titanic For Future Generations
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- What Are Hybrid Ships?
- ONE Inks Shipbuilding Contracts For 10 Very Large Container Ships