On August 18, a new container terminal built by NYK Line together with PT. Pelabuhan Indonesia II (Persero) (“IPC”), Mitsui & Co. Ltd. (“Mitsui”) and PSA International Pte Ltd (“PSA”) opened for commercial service at Tanjung Priok Port in Jakarta, Indonesia. This new terminal will be operated by the newly established company PT New Priok Container Terminal One*.
The terminal will have an annual handling capacity of approximately 1.5 million twenty-foot equivalent units (TEUs) of containers, an overall berth length of 850 meters and a 16-meter draft, allowing the terminal to accommodate advanced mega containerships. The terminal will pursue the efficient reduction of emissions by making use of environmentally friendly “green” facilities.
In accordance with the company’s “More Than Shipping 2018” medium-term management plan, the NYK Group will continue its efforts to provide customers with “green” container terminal services that meet their global shipping needs, by making use of our knowledge and expertise gained by containership business.
You might also like to read..
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- Russian Navy Open Fires At Cargo Ship Sailing Towards Mariupol Port
- Methane Leak From LNG Powered Cargo Ship Caught In Infrared Camera
- 4 Filipino Seafarers Arrested In Australia For Reportedly Importing Cocaine