Software solutions from the technology group Wärtsilä have been selected for installation in three maritime training centres. The turnkey systems will allow training to commence immediately following the site acceptance. The systems have been ordered by the Rotterdam based STC Group, an international maritime transport and logistics education provider. The order with Wärtsilä was booked in April 2019.
The Wärtsilä Navi-Trainer Professional (NTPRO) 5000 software will enable the teaching of the latest approaches to navigation, and equip trainees with the skills needed onboard modern vessels. Wärtsilä’s unique and tailored approach to the set task, together with its highly customizable software solutions were cited as being key considerations in the contract award.
“Safety at sea requires that crews be fully and properly trained. Our simulator software is designed to ensure that trainees can attain hands-on, realistic experience with the latest navigational systems. In collaboration with our friends and partners at training institutions across the globe, we have developed a comprehensive, flexible and customizable product maintenance and development programme,” says Alex Ponomarev, Sales Expert for Wärtsilä Voyage Simulation and Training.
“The three new simulator classrooms to be installed at STC Group locations in Rotterdam, Stellendam, and Katwijk will allow our vocational students to spend even more time on practical simulator training. It will also ensure that maritime education at all STC Group locations in the Netherlands is identical and future-proof while being made possible by our ERDF*-financed project ‘Standing Strong for Rotterdam-South’”, says Joep Bonten, senior Project Manager Simulators at STC Group.
The Wärtsilä solutions will be installed and ready for use by the end of August 2019, in time for the start of the new academic year. In addition to the software, Wärtsilä will also provide project management and training. An extensive maintenance agreement to ensure optimal performance of the system will also be entered into.
You might also like to read..
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Watch: OceanGate’s 2022 Titanic Expedition Document Wreck Of Titanic For Future Generations
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- What Are Hybrid Ships?
- ONE Inks Shipbuilding Contracts For 10 Very Large Container Ships