MSC Mediterranean Shipping Company, a leader in global container shipping, set a new record for the number of boxes loaded and unloaded at any Australian port.
The record exchange of 4,000 containers took place at Patrick Terminal in Port Botany, on the MSC Ningbo, a 7,849 TEU vessel currently operating on MSC’s Australia Express service, which directly links Australia with Europe on a weekly basis.
MSC has been progressively selecting larger vessels for the Australia Express service, in response to customer demands to transport larger volumes of cargo such as:
Cereals – Grain – Cotton – Rubber – Timber – Paper – Metals – Machinery – Tiles – Furniture – Textiles – Scrap – Wine.
We also transport chilled and frozen cargo in our reefer containers, including:
Foodstuff – Drinks – Fish – Pastry – Meat Products.
The new record is a triumph for both MSC and the terminal operator Patrick, according to MSC Australia’s Managing Director Kevin Clarke:
“These large container exchanges reflect the outstanding support MSC receives from all our clients on the Australia Express service. We continue to upgrade the size of the vessels operating on this service in order to meet growing demand, whilst at the same time offering our clients direct access to key international markets both to and from Australia.”
The record is all the more pleasing as it was achieved on the back of a stellar performance for schedule reliability.
MSC’s Australia Express service received top marks in the most recent SeaIntel Global Liner Performance Report, and was identified as best in market for schedule reliability.
MSC offers seven weekly container services directly linking Australia with North America, Europe, the Mediterranean, Red Sea, Indian Subcontinent, South East Asia, North Asia, New Zealand, New Caledonia and beyond.
Patrick Terminal worked efficiently in order to achieve this record-breaking result.
You might also like to read..
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- Russian Navy Open Fires At Cargo Ship Sailing Towards Mariupol Port
- Methane Leak From LNG Powered Cargo Ship Caught In Infrared Camera
- 4 Filipino Seafarers Arrested In Australia For Reportedly Importing Cocaine