A 48 tonne propeller, destined for MSC Lorena, is currently taking pride of place at the world’s largest shipping show, SMM.
MSC Lorena will soon be receiving a new 48 tonne propeller, after it has been the centerpiece at an industry exhibition in Hamburg this week.
The propeller has been erected at the front of the world’s largest shipping show, SMM. It will be seen by some 50,000 visitors, before being officially passed to MSC and prepared for its final position on Lorena.
Made by Mecklenburger Metallguss GmbH (MMG), the propeller is eight metres in diameter and has been designed to reduce a ship’s CO2 emissions.
The SMM event runs from 6th to 9th September and has around 2,100 exhibitors from 67 countries. It is held every two years.
You might also like to read..
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- Russian Navy Open Fires At Cargo Ship Sailing Towards Mariupol Port
- Methane Leak From LNG Powered Cargo Ship Caught In Infrared Camera
- 4 Filipino Seafarers Arrested In Australia For Reportedly Importing Cocaine